When Walter Harvey founded W.R.Harvey & Co.(Antiques) Ltd. he started from one shopfront and a warehouse at 69 Chalk Farm Road in London, between Camden Town and Hampstead.
Walter Harvey’s original 67-70 Chalk Farm Road showrooms
This grew over the decades to become 67-70 Chalk Farm Road which he acquired the freehold of.
Our previous Bond Street showrooms
As the international salerooms became increasingly retail based Harvey’s moved into 5 Old Bond Street in the heart of London’s Mayfair and midway between Sotheby’s and Christie’s. Many of the friends we made here are still regular visitors as are their children and grandchilden.
After 20 years there, and with only a short time left on the remainder of their lease, David Harvey re-located the company to our new freehold showrooms at 86 Corn Street here in Witney at the heart of the Oxfordshire Cotswolds.
Our current 86 Corn Street showrooms are just over an hour's drive from London
Just over an hour from the heart of London and ten miles West of Oxford, Witney is a thriving, busy market town with lots going for it. The latest premises in fact date from about 1730 which is only a few years younger than the original shops in the Queen Anne farm buildings behind the Chalk Farm Road in London.
One thing is for sure however, wherever Harvey's are located, you're always certain of a warm and friendly welcome.